Every year, NCCR Robotics offers financial assistance to PhD students and Postdocs from both inside and outside our organisation to take part in a 3-6 months collaborative project in a field related to the NCCR.
The scholarship is open to:
- PhD/Postdoc students from the NCCR who would like to go abroad
- PhD/Postdoc students external to NCCR Robotics who would like to complete a project in one of our laboratories. A full list of NCCR Robotics professors can be found here
Women applicants will be given priority.
A maximum of 9,000 CHF will be awarded to cover living and travel costs.
3. Application procedure and requested documents
In order to apply for a fellowship, applicants must first contact an NCCR professor (external candidates) or a professor in potential host institution (internal candidates applying to travel externally) to discuss which potential projects may be available. A full list of NCCR Robotics professors can be found here.
Once professorial support has been obtained the student should submit a complete application.
- All required documents are listed in the application form.
- Applications must include the application form and all required documents
- Applications are to be submitted by email to scholarship_NCCR Robotics
- Applications deadline: 15 September 2019.
All items should be submitted in English. Applications should be sent by email to scholarship_NCCR Robotics with the title “PhD/Postdoc exchange application”.
For any questions related to your application, please contact the NCCR Robotics Education Officer (see below).
Selection is made on a competitive basis by members from the NCCR Robotics Education & Society Committee.
Candidates will receive a response regarding their application by email late October. Selected candidates will be asked to confirm their participation within 2 weeks.
The fellowship is granted only to selected applicants who have completed enrolment at their host university. Selected candidates are typically asked to start their PhD/Postdoc’s exchange in the host laboratory on 1st March 2020 (latest start permitted: May 1st 2020). Payment of the fellowship money is subject to ongoing activity on the PhD/Postdoc’s research project.
- Deadline for application: 15 September 2019
- Deadline to review applications: 30 September 2019
- Decision and announcement of results: 15 October 2019
- Confirmation of participation by selected candidates: 31 October 2019
- PhD/ Postdoc exchange latest start: 1 May 2020
Fore more information: