Please find following links related to start-up support. If you would like to promote your events through our channel, please contact us at email@example.com
Innosuisse Startup Training – Applications are now open!
Do you feel ready for an intensive 5-day training in business creation or business growth?
The application for the Innosuisse startup trainings in 2019 are now open.
Why should you participate?
- Get an industry-specific 5-day training (ICT or Engineering).
- Get trained by 3 specialists each day (a trainer, an entrepreneur, and an expert; such as a lawyer or an investor)
- Get 3h of personal coaching for your startup in addition to the training.
- Meet and exchange best practices with other entrepreneurs in your field.
- Benefit from a training in English and free of charge, since financed by Innosuisse.
> Download leaflet Innosuisse Startup Training 2019 (11 downloads)
Do you have a great idea or want to take your startup to the next level? Join now IMAGINE IF! our global startup accelerator and one of the top 7 startup competition in Europe! Applying is free and only takes a few minutes (here). – You still have 2 weeks to apply!
IMAGINE IF! is organized by Innovation Forum Lausanne, a non-profit PhD student led association based at EPFL and part of a global association (Innovation Forum).
With IMAGINE IF! we want to identify disruptive ideas emerging from different local ecosystems around the world and then to accelerate these ideas into businesses by providing mentorship, partnering and non-dilutive funding. Our targets are scientists-entrepreneurs who would like to transform their idea into a business or are working on an early, pre seed project. If you are an early-stage science-base venture or if you have a successful idea, then we would be very keen to receive your application.
Applications are open until 16th November 2018, with the pitching finals taking place at EPFL the 21st February 2019. In addition to a local prize up to CHF 3’500 prize to the Lausanne winner, the trip to the global finals in Cambridge, UK (June 2019) with the opportunity to win a further non-dilutive prize money (at least 10’000$) will be offered to the best healthcare start-up. Among the additional prizes, a 3-month lab space at Startlab (Campus Biopôle Lausanne) and 1-month desk space by Swissnex (San Francisco, CA, travel expenses included) will be also offered.
If you are interested in participating, please follow these links:
21st annual IMD Startup Competition
Registration is at www.imd.org/startups and it closes November 12th.
The MBA Startup Projects
15 will work with the fulltime MBAs. A team of students will dedicate many man-hours between January and April 2019 to each venture to help formalize its business model and financing plans.
The EMBA Startup Projects
15 or more companies will work with our EMBAs, who will help the firm improve its strategy and have it pitched to VCs in California.
This year IMD announced the launch of the IMD Startup Scholarship for winners of the competition. A voucher of SFr. 5,000 will allow them to access IMD’s open and online courses. As far as they are aware, IMD is the first major business school to offer such a scholarship, so as you’re considering possible candidates, think about who might profit from this offer.
Previous winners of the competition have done well. In the recently announced Top 100 Swiss Startups, 28 were ventures that had worked with us, including four of the top 10! Our entrepreneurial “alumni” include Abionic, AC Immune (now public), Artmyn, Bcomp, BestMile, BioVersys, CashSentinel, Comparis, Dacuda, Dahushaper, Doodle, ecoRobotix, Endosense (acquired by St.Jude), FaceShift (acquired by Apple), Flyability, Fotokite, GlycArt (acquired by Roche), Imverse, HPL (sold to Dow), Kooaba (acquired by Qualcomm), Lemoptix (acquired by Intel), L.E.S.S., LuckaBox, Lunaphore, MindMaze (>$100 mio investment), NetGuardians, NEXThink, picoDrill (sold to Asahi Glass), QGel, SONECT, Spotme, Topadur, TwentyGreen, UrbanAlps, ViDi (acquired), Xeltis and XSensio. And many, many more.
Objective: boosting innovative deep tech business
«InnoBooster» aims at speeding up innovative, science-based deep tech business cases which have already entered the Venture Kick process and promise high market potential. Up to CHF 150,000 for a maximum of 1.5 years can be granted to top talents with a clear plan and funding need for accelerated market entry. The new funding line is calling for convincing proposals which show how a further boost in research and development or design can drive business success.
- The project must be in the Venture Kick process.
- The project has to be rooted at a Swiss university or research institution (ETH Domain, cantonal university, university of applied sciences), funding goes to the university and not directly to start-ups already founded.
- Applicants allow GRS the right to obtain information on assessments from Venture Kick.
- Budget of a maximum of CHF 150,000 for no more than 1.5 years: No infrastructure costs or overheads are financed, only salaries and materials costs directly related to the project.
- The project must provide the following proofs: Scientific quality through a letter of endorsement from a funding programme such as BRIDGE Proof of Concept, Pioneer Fellowships, Innogrant or similar; entrepreneurial potential through a letter of endorsement from (potential) customers, investors, industry partners.
- Projects can be submitted to Gebert Rüf Stiftung by one of the quarterly deadlines (1 February, 1 May, 1 September, 1 December) in accordance with the general requirements using the project proposal form «Innobooster».
- The submission procedure has two stages.
- For the first stage, in addition to the relevant project proposal form an elevator pitch (3 min) is required.
- For the second stage, applicants may be invited to pitch to the board of trustees.
The selection process takes a maximum of three months, from submission of the project proposal (step one) to the final decision after the project presentation («elevator pitch») to the board of trustees (step two). The board of trustees reaches the grant-making decision at its quarterly plenary meeting on the basis of the support criteria and the strategic objectives of the area of activity.
New Innosuisse Start-up Training courses all over Switzerland!
Do you have a business idea and want to successfully launch your startup? Or have you already founded your company and are now ready for growth?
As of 2018, Venturelab offers new Start-up training courses (commissioned by Innosuisse) to enable entrepreneurs to execute their plan at different stages.
The courses are divided in two modules of 5-day intensive workshops: Business Creation helps aspiring founders with an innovative business idea to achieve their action plan, while Business Growth supports incorporated Start-ups in accelerating their growth plan. Learn, among other things, to master a convincing pitch, define a business plan, secure funding, generate leads and grow leadership.
To match every participants? needs, each module has been tailored to a specific industry: ICT, Advanced Engineering, Biotech and Medtech. Trainers have been selected from entrepreneurs, investors and experts from each sector to offer specialized hands-on experience, and each participant will also get 3 hours with a dedicated personal coach.
For the “Business Creation” courses in your specific industry (focus on building a business), apply here:
If you want to push your existing startup to new heights (focus on growing a company), apply here:
If you want to boost your project / Start-up and benefit from industry specific training, apply online now! There is no application deadline, but the courses (max. 15 participants) are first come, first served.
More information onwww.venturelab.ch/innosuisse
RobotUnion – The pan-European Robotics Acceleration program
RobotUnion will select 20 startups that will be financed with up to €223,000 equity free in cash plus acceleration services. The 20 startups selected will receive €3,800 each in cash equity free and services in the first phase. The 10 best of these startups will enter in the product acceleration program and will receive up to €120,000 in cash equity free. Finally, the 4 best startups will receive up to €100,000, so in total they can receive up to €223,000 equity free in cash plus services.
Selected companies would be able to participate in a 12 months online Premium Acceleration Service, led by top Research and Technology Organizations from all over Europe, key world-class digital ecosystem professionals and entrepreneurs.
esa Business Incubation Centre
Why shall we apply as a start-up?
- Up to 500k € in seed financing
- Access to broad network of corporate and research partners
- Access to ESA network and facilities and European ESA BIC network
- Business support: by cutting-edge IFJ programs, and by selected corporates
- Technical support: up to 80 hours by companies and research organisations
- Networking amongst relevant start-up peers, and access to Impact Hubs in Switzerland
How does it work?
Who can apply?
Any start-up project or any start-up incorporated in Switzerland less than 5 years old and with a space connection. See Q&A and application documents for details. http://esabic.ch/application/
Kickstart Accelerator – Robotics & Intelligent Systems
Are you working on a game-changing venture in the field of machine learning? Does your drone startup need validation and feedback, both on a technical as well as on the business level? From big data to robotics, from hardware to software, from artificial intelligence to machine learning – we are looking for disruptive technologies and applications solving environmental challenges as well as improving the way machines and humans interact with each other. Get access to Switzerland’s leading universities with their research labs in robotics and machine learning and meet world leading corporates with crucial R&D activities in and around Zurich.
BRIDGE Proof of Concept
Have you earned your spurs as a young researcher and come up with an idea for developing your research results into a marketable product? And are you looking for an opportunity to test and refine your idea. Then BRIDGE Proof of Concept is just what you are looking for.
BRIDGE Proof of Concept helps young researchers to apply their research results and gain the confidence needed to make a market entry. The projects may target innovations of all kinds from all research areas.