Title of project: STEWART-GOUGH platform Simulator
Were you able to fulfil all your planned objectives ?
– Yes. The planned objective was to develop a VR compatible simulator for the Stewart-Gough (SG) platform is considered primarily to help research but additionally to improve efficiency, safety, as well as demonstration, and publication efforts. I am really fortunate that I had the kind association, as well as supervision, their exemplary guidance, constant encouragement, and careful monitoring throughout the internship, are so great. The result of this research proposal would be more helpful for future demonstrations and also illustrate future publications. Hopefully, the standards and effects of these results can be made better in the near future by adding more graphical objects
Did this experience inspire you or enable you to continue your career?
– Of course! It’s a really good opportunity for me to gain valuable insight into the professional environment from an academic side in the field of robotics. I also got a chance to observe numerous aspects in the assigned research title by participating in a study conducted by Ph.D students and fascinating discussions on “Out-of-body experiences (OBEs) and near-death experiences (NDEs)”. The whole experience granted here boosted my confidence and research thirst within the field as a graduate student resulting incredibly positive version of me.
Did your host lab aid the quality of your research ?
– Yes. I also take this moment to express a deep sense of gratitude to Prof. Olaf Blanke and all my Supervisors at LNCO, Biotech Campus for presenting me such an amazing experience. From the start of my EPFL life, three words are pushed into my brain – Professionalism, excellence, and respect. In this internship, I got a clear view of how these three qualities made a huge difference. The ideas that exchanged helps me to make research objectives open and willing to act on those ideas with acquired knowledge. The people I interacted with my host lab are really wonderful, been very supportive throughout my internship period and I will never forget these days of mine at Geneva.
How do you feel your association with NCCR Robotics has had an overall impact on your studies and future career ?
– I am very grateful to the NCCR Robotics for successfully arranging the internship program for me. This experience has been truly invaluable and helpful throughout these past four months. By selecting me for this internship, has stimulated confidence in my abilities, and I sincerely appreciate this great exposure. Also, this program gave me the opportunity to develop and wider my network in the robotics field.
What are you currently working on and what are your plans for the future ?
– I am going to finish my master degree at Bielefeld University soon and in the future I would like to do a Ph.D under the research institute whose ongoing research is on Mind Uploading. Definitely, this internship experience has a great influence in my future