Deadline for applications: February 28th, 2022
Announcement of decisions: March 2022
The Robotics Spin Fund is an initiative of the NCCR Robotics to foster creation of start-ups based on NCCR Robotics-related technologies. This final year, we will also be offering funding support for industrial demonstrators.
Both calls are open to all NCCR Robotics core and associate labs and is aimed at supporting graduating PhD or Postdoc NCCR students. We encourage applications on a rolling basis and a team of external and internal reviewers carefully studies each application. We receive many outstanding applications; funding is available for very few. Please contact us directly to pitch your idea and get started with the application process: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your lab have a development that is relevant to the NCCR and close to a convincing industrial demonstrator but you need financial support to implement it?
Consider applying for NCCR Robotics funding to help complete your demonstrator.
The 2 page proposal (10 point type except for figures and refs which can be 8 pt) should specify:
- What will the demonstrator do?
- Who will develop it? I.e., who will do the technical development? Who is the lab PI?
- What is the relevance for the NCCR grand challenges?
- Who could/would use it for further development?
- What is the current state of the demonstration? Video/code links welcome here.
- What is the timeline for development? I.e., what are the specific steps needed to get to the final demonstrator?
- What will be the concrete outcome? I.e., what will be produced and in what quantity?
- What is the budget for salary and components/subcontracting (50K CHF max)?
- Minimal list of citations that supports the peer-reviewed viability of the technology (in abbreviated Nature style, with embedded hyperlink to paper).
Proposals will be evaluated by a team of external and internal reviewers. The final selection will be based on the quality of the proposals, and effectiveness in addressing the list of requirements above.
The funding will be allocated to the lab PI for supporting salary and component costs. Funding will not pay for durable equipment. Funding can be used for subcontracting, e.g. PCB design & assembly. The funding must be spent by the end of November 2022.
All funded demonstrators will be required to show their outcomes at the final NCCR meeting at the start of November, 2022.
Send your demonstration proposal PDF (with subject containing “NCCR Robotics demonstrator proposal”) to email@example.com.