Anqing is a PhD student at the Italian Institute of Technology. He spent 6 months working at the Learning Algorithms and Systems Laboratory (LASA) in EPFL in 2020.
1. Were you able to fulfill all your planned objectives?
Due to the reason we all know (Covid-19), physical access to the lab equipments is limited. As a result, I had to re-plan my objective and focused more on theoretical study as well as simulations. Yet, I believe that the original panned objective could be achieved someday in the future.
2. Did this experience inspire/enable you to continue your career?
Thanks to this exchange experience, I have a unique chance to communicate with new researchers and be exposed to new thoughts, which, I believe, is a key factor for a researcher’s career to take off.
3. Did your host lab contribute to the quality of your research?
During my stay at LASA, I received many useful suggestions from the lab members. Their acute insights into robot imitation learning will deepen my understanding on the topic and thus improve the quality of my research.
4. Do you feel your association with NCCR Robotics has had an overall impact on your studies and future career?
Yes. The networking of the association with NCCR Robotics will offer me more opportunities and definitely make a positive impact on my career.
5. What are you currently working on and what are your plans for the future?
I am currently working on finalizing the left parts from the intern. For the near future, I will prepare my PhD thesis for graduation.